Are you looking for virtual Christmas field trip ideas? Why not add some Christmas virtual field trips to your homeschool or classroom curriculum? These ideas will help you make your teaching for kids with autism around the Christmas season educational and fun!
European Christmas Markets Christmas Field Trip
One of our greatest joys around the holiday season are the beautiful European Christmas markets. Take your little learners to explore the excitement of the gorgeous Christmas trees, sparkling decorations, foreign foods and captivating European architecture.
Hunting for Christmas Trees Christmas Field Trip
Go on a Christmas tree hunt with your child or students! This video takes you around the city looking for Christmas trees.
Visiting the Christmas Tree Farm Virtual Christmas Field Trip
Take your child or students to find the perfect Christmas tree! Caitie will take your little learners on a virtual tour of the Christmas tree farm to find the perfect tree to bring home.
Santa’s House at the North Pole Virtual Christmas Field Trip
Your child or students will be captivated by this virtual tour of Santa’s house!
Italian Christmas Market Christmas Virtual Field Trip
Explore an Italian Christmas market complete with stunning decorations, hot drinks and delicious foods. You could pair watching the video with a mini figurines of each thing you see (carrousel, tree, decorations, people, etc.) or a fun paper plate horse craft to go with the carrousel.
A Snowy Adventure Virtual Christmas Field Trip
A virtual trip to play with snow! This video makes it fun to learn about shapes in the snow. You could also do a fun DIY snow globe craft. (This particular craft is really easy to put together, making it perfect for kids with autism even if they can’t follow several craft steps.)
Visit Lapland Virtual Christmas Field Trip
Lapland feels like the North Pole. A virtual visit to Lapland will be a fun way to talk about animals like reindeer and huskies.
Kids Christmas Songs Playlist
Adding music to your Christmas curriculum will make it even more fun! Use these Christmas songs as fun background music while you’re doing activities or craft projects, or use them to play a fun game like freeze dance (everyone dances while the music is playing and must “freeze” when the music stops).
Christmas Songs for Kids
More fun Christmas songs!
- Best Gifts for Kids with Autism
- Christmas Activities to Do at Home
- Autism Worksheets
- Light Table Activities
- Autism Gift Guide
More Autism Learning Resources
- The Successful Interaction with a Child with Autism Course – learn to better understand your autistic child or students with this complete course.
- Autism Activities Workbook Bundle – build communication skills, fine motor skills, sensory play skills and daily living skills, while helping your child or students to successfully manage any difficult behaviors, with these fun, educational, printable activities.
- Sensory Communication Workbook – Build communication skills with simple sensory activities.
- How to Make a Communication Binder Guide & Workbook – Learn how to create a Communication Binder for your child or student with autism using real photos. Follow my expert guide to learn how to use it to increase communication skills.
- Zoo Animals Play Dough Mats Bundle – use these printable play dough mat to work on the names of the animals, build language skills, and increase fine motor strength and precision in a fun, sensory way!
Pin for later!
Learn to create a Progress Nook for your child at home in 7 days
Receive 7 emails - 1 email each day - for FREE that will teach you exactly what to do, then receive emails once per week with fun learning activities for your child