Have you tried using a light table at home with your child yet? They are so much fun and you can work on a variety of different skills (fine motor, communication, imitation and more) using one.
Let’s have some light table fun!
These are 3 of my favorite light table projects for kids with an added bonus at the end.
Make your own DIY light table for kids in 2 easy steps!
Download your free printable instructions to make your own DIY light table at home here :
3 of my favorite light table activities for kids
This activity is a wonderful follow-up to a leaf gathering outing. Take your little one to the park and collect leaves. Bring them home, add some flowers, and you have quick and simple light table materials that provide lots of learning possibilities.
This activity, created by an autism mom, is fun and educational. It is a wonderful way to work on naming eyes, ears, nose, mouth, eye brows, etc. You can also explore the idea that many parts make a whole (you need to comebine all of the parts of the face to make a complete face). You can also work on fine motor, drawing and coloring skills with this activity. This is one of the cutest light box activities I have seen.
3. Light table “tiles” using popsicle sticks and cellophane from Clipzine.
A fabulous use of popsicle sticks and cellophane! Make your own “tiles” using all kinds of fun materials (photos, dried flowers, dried leaves, tissue paper, to name a few) and engage your child in some exploratory light box sensory play.
I want to hear from you!
Did you try this project? How did it go? Does your child love light table play? Tell us all about it!
What activities do you use to engage your child in light table play?
If you love incorporating sensory play into your home program, then you will love these sensory activities :
- 25 Sensory Box Ideas for Your Child with Autism
- Free Printable Fish Bowl Playdough Mat
- Sensory Communication Workbook
- Autism Activities Workbook Bundle
- Free Printable Fish Bowl Play Dough Mat
- How to Make a Calm Down Kit for Kids
- Zoo Animals Play Dough Mat Bundle
More Autism Learning Resources
- The Successful Interaction with a Child with Autism Course – learn to better understand your autistic child or students with this complete course.
- Autism Activities Workbook Bundle – build communication skills, fine motor skills, sensory play skills and daily living skills, while helping your child or students to successfully manage any difficult behaviors, with these fun, educational, printable activities.
- Sensory Communication Workbook – Build communication skills with simple sensory activities.
- How to Make a Communication Binder Guide & Workbook – Learn how to create a Communication Binder for your child or student with autism using real photos. Follow my expert guide to learn how to use it to increase communication skills.
- Zoo Animals Play Dough Mats Bundle – use these printable play dough mat to work on the names of the animals, build language skills, and increase fine motor strength and precision in a fun, sensory way!
Learn to create a Progress Nook for your child at home in 7 days
Receive 7 emails - 1 email each day - for FREE that will teach you exactly what to do, then receive emails once per week with fun learning activities for your child