Winter Play dough Mats are a fun way to build new skills, and incorporate sensory play into your every day, at home, school or in your therapy practice. Use these Winter play dough mats as a sensory activity, to build fine motor skills and to build communication skills. This free play dough mats bundle includes a snowman play dough mat, a cup of hot chocolate play dough mat and a Rudolph play dough mat. Download your free Winter play dough mats here.
3 Winter Play Dough Mats for Kids
Snowman Play Dough Mat
Your little learner will learn to make a hat, scarf and buttons for the snowman with this free printable snowman play dough mat.
Hot Chocolate Play Dough Mat
Teach your child or students to make white marshmallows and the white and red stripes on the candy cane with this free printable hot chocolate play dough mat.
Rudolph the Reindeer Play Dough Mat
Guide your little one to make Rudolph’s red nose out of play dough with this free printable Rudolph the Reindeer play dough mat.
If you love these activities, you will also love the play dough mats included in my Sensory Communication Workbook for Kids with Autism.
Materials Needed to Use These Winter Play Dough Mats
(We have included affiliate links for your convenience. You can read our disclosures here.)
- The printable play dough mat bundle
- Laminating sheets
- Black play dough (I love this sparkly black play dough!)
- Red play dough
- White play dough
Prepare your Winter Play Dough Mats
- Step 1 – Download your Winter play dough mats.
- Step 2 – Print them out.
- Step 3 – Laminate them.
- Step 4 – Start playing!
How to use these Winter Play Dough Mats with Kids with Autism
- Follow the instructions on each play dough mat to dress the snowman, prepare the hot chocolate and candy cane and put the nose on Rudolph the Reindeer.
- Guide your child to say the name of each item : snowman, hot chocolate, candy cane, cup, Rudolph, reindeer, antlers, etc.
- Build your child or students’ receptive language skills by asking them asking, “show me the reindeer!”, “show me the nose!”, “show me the cup!”, etc.
- Have your child or students squeeze, roll and pat the play dough to build fine motor skills.
- Work on taking turns with this activity as well.
Benefits of Using Winter Play Dough Mats with your child or students with autism
- Sensory activities are essential to regulate your child and students’ vestibular system. Read about the benefits of sensory play for autism.
- Include fun and educational sensory activities into your home, classroom or therapy program.
- Teach new vocabulary, receptive language, expressive language and colors with these activities.
- Build fine motor skills, including teaching finger strength and precision.
More Play Dough Mats on SLH
- Zoo Animal Play Dough Mats
- Winter Play Dough Mat Bundle
- Fish Bowl Play Dough Mat
- Halloween Play Dough Mats
- Dinosaur Play Dough Mats
- Bat Play Dough Mat
- Ice Cream Play Dough Mat
More Autism Learning Resources
- The Successful Interaction with a Child with Autism Course – learn to better understand your autistic child or students with this complete course.
- Autism Activities Workbook Bundle – build communication skills, fine motor skills, sensory play skills and daily living skills, while helping your child or students to successfully manage any difficult behaviors, with these fun, educational, printable activities.
- Sensory Communication Workbook – Build communication skills with simple sensory activities.
- How to Make a Communication Binder Guide & Workbook – Learn how to create a Communication Binder for your child or student with autism using real photos. Follow my expert guide to learn how to use it to increase communication skills.
- Zoo Animals Play Dough Mats Bundle – use these printable play dough mat to work on the names of the animals, build language skills, and increase fine motor strength and precision in a fun, sensory way!
Winter Play Dough Mats
Use these Winter play dough mats to build communication skills, fine motor skills and incorporate sensory play into the every day.
Pin for later!
Learn to create a Progress Nook for your child at home in 7 days
Receive 7 emails - 1 email each day - for FREE that will teach you exactly what to do, then receive emails once per week with fun learning activities for your child