I love using play dough mats with my little learners on the autism spectrum. These dinosaur play dough mats are perfect for use at home or in your classroom to work on communication skills, sensory play skills and fine motor skills. Just print out the play dough mat, laminate and add play dough and you’re all set!
Dinosaur Play Dough Mats – Materials Needed
- Click here to download the free printable dinosaur play dough mats
- Laminating sheets
- Play dough
Prep your Dinosaur Play Dough Mats
Print it out.
Use a laminating sheet and laminator to laminate the playdough mat.
Follow the instructions on the play dough mats to engage your little learner.
Tips for Using the Dinosaur Play Dough Mats with Autistic Learners
- Use the dinosaur play dough mats to incorporate sensory play into your home school program or classroom program. This could be a virtual classroom activity too!
- Build fine motor skills, hand strength and precision by having your child or students poke, roll and flatten the play dough while playing with these fun and educational play dough mats.
- Have your child say each item on the play dough mats to work on communication skills.
- Work on taking turns by completing the play dough mats with your child or students.
More Play Dough Mats
- Bat Play Dough Mat
- 15 Zoo Play Dough Mats
- Spring Tulips Play Dough Mat
- Colorful Socks Play Dough Mat
- Ice Cream Play Dough Mat
- Fish Bowl Play Dough Mat
More Printable Sensory Activities for Kids with Autism
I created an entire workbook for you of printable activities that will help you build your child’s communication skills! Click here to go to the Sensory Communication Workbook.
More Autism Learning Resources
- The Successful Interaction with a Child with Autism Course – learn to better understand your autistic child or students with this complete course.
- Autism Activities Workbook Bundle – build communication skills, fine motor skills, sensory play skills and daily living skills, while helping your child or students to successfully manage any difficult behaviors, with these fun, educational, printable activities.
- Sensory Communication Workbook – Build communication skills with simple sensory activities.
- How to Make a Communication Binder Guide & Workbook – Learn how to create a Communication Binder for your child or student with autism using real photos. Follow my expert guide to learn how to use it to increase communication skills.
- Zoo Animals Play Dough Mats Bundle – use these printable play dough mat to work on the names of the animals, build language skills, and increase fine motor strength and precision in a fun, sensory way!
Dinosaur Play Dough Mats
Use these dinosaur play dough mats with your child or students on the autism spectrum to build new skills.
Pin for later!
Learn to create a Progress Nook for your child at home in 7 days
Receive 7 emails - 1 email each day - for FREE that will teach you exactly what to do, then receive emails once per week with fun learning activities for your child