15 zoo playdough mats to use at home or in your classroom! Who doesn’t love animals? I love using beautiful animal images with my little learners at my autism center. In searching for the perfect zoo playdough mats for my autism classroom, I realized there weren’t many options out there. So I made them! I hope your child or students will love them as much as mine do.
(We have included affiliate links for your convenience. You can read our disclosures here.)
This play dough mat bundle includes each of the following animals :
- chicken & chicks
Use these playdough mats :
- At home
- In your preschool classroom
- In your special needs classroom
To prepare the playdough mats :
- Print out each mat
- Laminate (you can count on this laminator and these laminating pouches as reliable options)
- Use with your favorite playdough
Use these zoo playdough mats to teach :
- Labeling animals
- Communication skills
- Sensory skills
- Following instructions
- Imitation skills
- Animal sounds
How are others using the playdough mats with their little learners?
“Playdough is my child’s favorite sensory activity of all time. He runs away from a lot of activities but comes right over when there is play dough involved!”
– Alison, mom to a 5 year old boy on the autism spectrum –
“I am always looking for new and creative activities to keep the students in my autism class engaged and moving forward in their learning goals. I used these playdough mats for my farm animals unit and my students loved them.”
– Emma, autism classroom teacher –
Some pro tips for using these play dough mats with autistic learners :
- These zoo playdough mats are perfect for learners on the autism spectrum because they are colorful and visually stimulating!
- Give clear instructions for each activity you do with the zoo playdough mats. For example, if you’re working with the lion playdough mat, and you want to teach your child to make a nose with the play dough and stick it on the mat, say something clear such as “make nose” (rather than a longer sentence).
- You can use these playdough mats as you like within your home or classroom program.
Let us know how you are using these 15 Zoo playdough mats to teach your child!
Learn to create a Progress Nook for your child at home in 7 days
Receive 7 emails - 1 email each day - for FREE that will teach you exactly what to do, then receive emails once per week with fun learning activities for your child