I love these 5 pumpkin carving ideas for kids that you can use with autistic learners at home or in the classroom. Choose one or try them all! Also, take a peek at our autism and Halloween tips.
5 Easy Pumpkin Carving Ideas for Kids
Learn how to carve the perfect Halloween Jack O Lantern in 11 straightforward and simple steps. This post is filled with pumpkin carving kids ideas!
You just need your favorite cookie cutter and a rubber mallet. Place your cookie cutter where you’d like to add the form or shape to your pumpkin, hammer and remove. Voilà, easy peasy! Perfect if you are looking for easy pumpkin carving for kids.
These sweet carved pumpkins have me feeling all the feels. These are seriously adorable.
If you are looking for easy pumpkin carving for kids, or ideas you can use with toddlers, these stencils are perfect!
I love the frog choir!
Pumpkin Carving Videos on YouTube
Simple Pumpkin Carving Ideas
Pumpkin Carving with Kids
6 questions to ask yourself when choosing the perfect pumpkin to carve
1. Is it firm?
Choose a firm pumpkin.
2. Is it fresh?
To determine pumpkin freshness, turn it over and push the bottom. If it feels as though the pumpkin is giving in, this means that the pumpkin is not fresh. For carving, you want to choose the firmest and freshest pumpkin possible.
3. Is it in good shape?
Make sure you choose a pumpkin that does not have little holes, any mold growing on it or tears. These are all signs that the pumpkin is not fresh.
4. Is it a pretty color?
Choose a pumpkin with consistent coloring all around.
5. Is the stem green?
A green stem also indicated pumpkin freshness. Choose a pumpkin with a firm, green or greenish stem.
6. Does it sit flat?
Place your pumpkin on a flat surface to make sure that your pumpkin will sit flat once it is carved.
Now on to the carving!
More Halloween Posts
- Bat Play Dough Mat
- Autism and Halloween (12 Awesome Tips!)
- Non Candy Halloween Treats
- Sensory Friendly Halloween Costumes
- Autumn Sensory Bottles
- 4 Amazing Crafts for Special Needs Kids
- Trick or Treat Alternatives
- Halloween Play Dough Mats
More Autism Learning Resources
- The Successful Interaction with a Child with Autism Course – learn to better understand your autistic child or students with this complete course.
- Autism Activities Workbook Bundle – build communication skills, fine motor skills, sensory play skills and daily living skills, while helping your child or students to successfully manage any difficult behaviors, with these fun, educational, printable activities.
- Sensory Communication Workbook – Build communication skills with simple sensory activities.
- How to Make a Communication Binder Guide & Workbook – Learn how to create a Communication Binder for your child or student with autism using real photos. Follow my expert guide to learn how to use it to increase communication skills.
- Zoo Animals Play Dough Mats Bundle – use these printable play dough mat to work on the names of the animals, build language skills, and increase fine motor strength and precision in a fun, sensory way!
Pumpkin Carving Ideas
Choose one of the fun pumpkin carving ideas to use with your little ones or try them all. How are you going to carve your pumpkin this Halloween? I want to seeeeee!
Pin for later!
Learn to create a Progress Nook for your child at home in 7 days
Receive 7 emails - 1 email each day - for FREE that will teach you exactly what to do, then receive emails once per week with fun learning activities for your child