Looking for March lesson plans for children with autism? In this post I will share the themes and holidays in March, as well as activities, crafts, books, sensory boxes, communication activities fine motor activities, gross motor activities, movies, videos and more that you can share with your child or students this month. Have fun and build new skills! Make sure you check out my autism teaching strategies next!
March lesson plans
Mix and match activities from this post to create March lessons plans for your little learners on the autism spectrum.
Themes & Holidays
- Season : Spring
- St. Patrick’s Day
- Dr. Seuss’ Birthday
- World Wildlife Day
- Mario Day
March Communication Building Activities
- Autism Workbook Bundle – use the 50+ printable activities in this bundle I made for you to build communication skills, fine motor skills, life skills and sensory play skills, all while managing and reducing difficult behaviors.
- Printable Eye Spy Games
- Activities for Nonverbal Autistic Child (21+ of my best activities to teach nonverbal kids)
- Sensory Communication Workbook
- Communication Binder – I recommend using a communication binder for all activities all year long!
- Make sure you use a visual schedule to get the most out of all activities as well.
This is a great time to talk about the Spring.
Teach Seasonal Vocabulary Such As :
- Spring weather
- Spring nature vocabulary
- Farm animals (use our printable Experience Books for this)
- Spring clothing
Fine Motor Activities
- Cutting the Cookies Fine Motor Activity (included in my Autism Workbooks Bundle)
Gross Motor Activities
March Sensory Play
- Spring Sensory Bin
- Spring Chicks Sensory Box
- 25+ Sensory Box Ideas
- Unicorn Sensory Bin
- Shape Sensory Bin
- Garden Sensory Bin
Work on this list of 62 social skills (& make sure you print out the free printable list of social skills to work on I made for you!)
(We have included affiliate links for your convenience. You can read our disclosures here.)
- National Geographic Farm Animals Book
- Dr. Seuss’ Book of Animals
- Rachel’s Day in the Garden
- The 12 Days of St. Patrick’s Day
- I Spy (St. Patrick’s Day Edition)
March Independent Living Skills
March is a great time to teach baking and cooking skills to your little learners!
Try These Simple Gluten-Free Baking Recipes :
There is also a complete visual gluten-free fudge recipe included in the Autism Activities Workbook Bundle. Use it to make GF chocolate fudge as a Valentine’s Day treat at home, in your classroom, for your child’s friends or for grandparents.
- Spring Sensory Bin
- Colorful Tulips Spring Play Dough Mat
- Food Stamping Activities
- Autism Worksheets
- Easter Egg Letter Matching
Saint Patrick’s Activities
Dr. Seuss Activities
- Listen to Oh the Places You’ll Go! by Dr. Seuss
World Wildlife Day Activities
- Watch the video below to show your child or students different animals and teach their names.
- Enjoy these Mario cartoons with your little learners.
- Watch Charlotte’s Web and make a rocking Wilbur.
- Watch Peter Rabbit and make a Peter Rabbit pom pom garland.
- Watch Black Beauty and make paper plate horses.
More Monthly Lesson Plans
March Lesson Plans
Enjoy these ideas for March lesson plans for autistic learners. Use these activities at home, in your classroom or therapy practice.
Learn to create a Progress Nook for your child at home in 7 days
Receive 7 emails - 1 email each day - for FREE that will teach you exactly what to do, then receive emails once per week with fun learning activities for your child