I love using dinosaur sensory bins in my autism programs at me learning center. Sensory toys are perfect for sensory play, to build communication skills and to teach imitation and play skills. They are so much fun!
3 dinosaur sensory bins you will love
The kids loved this project – especially the wetness of the dinosaurs, leaves and rocks!
Fishing for dinosaurs ice experiment
We tried this activity in a small group and the kids thought it was very funny to play with the ice, to watch it melt and to discover the dinosaurs as they “popped” out!
Everyone had so much putting this project together and the children loved digging in the dried beans. We hid dinosaurs under the beans and the kids had fun finding them, pulling them out and roarrrrrring!
More Sensory Play Ideas
- Spring Sensory Bin
- Shape Sensory Bin
- Fall Sensory Bin
- Dinosaur Play Dough Mats
- Winter Play Dough Mats
- Sensory Swing (how to choose a sensory swing)
- Sensory Toys for Autistic Children
- Light Table Activities
- Spring Sensory Box
- Valentine’s Day Sensory Bin
- Garden Sensory Bin
- Easter Sensory Bin
More Autism Resources
- The Successful Interaction with a Child with Autism Course – learn to better understand your autistic child or students with this complete course.
- Autism Activities Workbook Bundle – build communication skills, fine motor skills, sensory play skills and daily living skills, while helping your child or students to successfully manage any difficult behaviors, with these fun, educational, printable activities.
- Sensory Communication Workbook – Build communication skills with simple sensory activities.
- How to Make a Communication Binder Guide & Workbook – Learn how to create a Communication Binder for your child or student with autism using real photos. Follow my expert guide to learn how to use it to increase communication skills.
- Zoo Animals Play Dough Mats Bundle – use these printable play dough mat to work on the names of the animals, build language skills, and increase fine motor strength and precision in a fun, sensory way!
Dinosaur Sensory Bins
Teach communication skills, sensory play skills, imitation skills, play skills and more with these easy to make dinosaur sensory bins.
Pin for later!
Learn to create a Progress Nook for your child at home in 7 days
Receive 7 emails - 1 email each day - for FREE that will teach you exactly what to do, then receive emails once per week with fun learning activities for your child