These autism awareness activities will help you support kids on the autism spectrum and their families! Whether you are looking for autism books, fundraising ideas, autism training, autism printables, autism activities for adults, autism awareness crafts or autism awareness recipes, you will find some great ways to support autism awareness in this post!
Autism Awareness Activities for Families
Reading an autism book is a great way to raise your awareness about autism. You could also share a favorite book with someone else to help them gain knowledge or navigate teaching or raising a child with autism.
Autism Service Dogs of America trains dogs to become autism service dogs. Trained dogs provide physical safety and serve as an emotional anchor for children with autism. When you support a service dog in training, you support a child with autism and his or her family. What a wonderful gift!
Walk for autism
Doing a walk for autism is a great way to support neurodiverse communities and show your support. Walk for autism and raise money for autism research. This year, from March 26th – April 2nd 2021, the goal is to walk 10,000 steps per day in support of autism. Walk alone or with others in your social distancing group.
The United Nations declared April 2nd World Autism Day in 2007. The goal being to increase awareness and conversations about autism. The Light It Up Blue movement added wearing blue as a sign of support for individuals on the autism spectrum.
Autism Awareness Month Activities
Host your own fundraiser
Find an activity you can do to raise funds for autism research or education. Some ideas? Host a bake sale, create a course that you sell, or set a challenge for yourself (like a walk or run) and have our family and friends support you for a great cause!
Autism Awareness Ideas
Wondering how you can raise awareness within your community?
Sadly kids on the autism spectrum and their families report often feeling bullied or left out. If you have a platform such as a blog or Instagram account, share something loving and kind about autism with your community to raise compassion and awareness.
Autism Awareness Activities for Schools
Take an Autism Course
One of the best things teachers can do to raise autism awareness is learn more about autism, what it is, what makes a child with autism tick and how you can build communication skills, fine motor skills, life skills and more with a child with autism, while decreasing difficult behaviors.
Kids Books About Autism
(We have included affiliate links for your convenience. You can read our disclosures here.)
Autism Awareness Printables
- Autism Awareness Ribbon Coloring Page
- Autism Awareness Draw and Write
- Autism Questions Page
- Printable Autism Awareness Bookmarks
Autism Awareness Activities for Adults
Autism Awareness Crafts
World Autism Day Activities
Bake for Autism Awareness
I love these puzzle piece rice crispy treats!
More Autism Learning Resources
- The Successful Interaction with a Child with Autism Course – learn to better understand your autistic child or students with this complete course.
- Autism Activities Workbook Bundle – build communication skills, fine motor skills, sensory play skills and daily living skills, while helping your child or students to successfully manage any difficult behaviors, with these fun, educational, printable activities.
- Sensory Communication Workbook – Build communication skills with simple sensory activities.
- How to Make a Communication Binder Guide & Workbook – Learn how to create a Communication Binder for your child or student with autism using real photos. Follow my expert guide to learn how to use it to increase communication skills.
- Zoo Animals Play Dough Mats Bundle – use these printable play dough mat to work on the names of the animals, build language skills, and increase fine motor strength and precision in a fun, sensory way!
- Autism Activities – 28+ of my favourite autism activities to engage your child or students and build new skills
Autism Awareness Activities
The best way to raise autism awareness is through fun and educational autism activities.
Pin for later!
Learn to create a Progress Nook for your child at home in 7 days
Receive 7 emails - 1 email each day - for FREE that will teach you exactly what to do, then receive emails once per week with fun learning activities for your child