Grab this free printable animal matching game, print it out and start using it with your little learners on the autism spectrum to build new skills. Use this printable matching game to work on matching skills, teach colors, teach taking turns, build new vocabulary skills, and more, at home, at school or as part of your therapy programs. Download the free printable animal matching game here.
How to set up the printable animal matching game
- Step 1 : Download and print out the animal matching game.
- Step 2 : Laminate both sheets of the game.
- Step 3 : Cut apart the images from one of the sheets (images total).
- Step 4 : Start matching the images!
What to teach with this matching activity
- Build matching skills
- Teach new vocabulary
- Teach taking turns
- Work on colors
How to use the printable animal matching game with autistic learners
Use this matching game during a table session, as reinforcement if your child or students loves matching games or set up a fun social interaction activity for siblings and/or a small group of littles.
Why teach matching to kids with autism?
Matching is a crucial prerequisite skill for learning to communicate using photos. Therefore, if your little learner needs to work with a visual communication system to learn to speak, building matching skills first is crucial.
More Matching Activities
- Printable Task Cards : use these color matching pompom task cards to build color skills in a fun way!
- Matching Fish Game
- Food Matching Worksheets
- Free Matching Game for Kids : this game had beautiful fish photos that are so much fun to use for building matching skills!
More Autism Resources
- The Successful Interaction with a Child with Autism Course – learn to better understand your autistic child or students with this complete course.
- Autism Activities Workbook Bundle – build communication skills, fine motor skills, sensory play skills and daily living skills, while helping your child or students to successfully manage any difficult behaviors, with these fun, educational, printable activities.
- Sensory Communication Workbook – Build communication skills with simple sensory activities.
- How to Make a Communication Binder Guide & Workbook – Learn how to create a Communication Binder for your child or student with autism using real photos. Follow my expert guide to learn how to use it to increase communication skills.
- Zoo Animals Play Dough Mats Bundle – use these printable play dough mat to work on the names of the animals, build language skills, and increase fine motor strength and precision in a fun, sensory way!
Printable Animal Matching Game
Use this printable animal matching game to build new skills with kids with autism.
Pin for later!
Learn to create a Progress Nook for your child at home in 7 days
Receive 7 emails - 1 email each day - for FREE that will teach you exactly what to do, then receive emails once per week with fun learning activities for your child