I love using these color matching pompom task cards to work build color skills, matching skills, independent activity skills, concentration skills and more! Download your free printable task cards to get started with this activity in your home or classroom now.
What are task cards?
Task cards are exactly what they sound like! A card with a specific task on it. I love them and use in them in my programs. I also teach families to use them in my coaching programs.
The idea is that your child or student can take out the card and do the activity with you or on his or her own.
How can you use task cards with autistic children?
Use task cards as part of a task box. Inside a task box, you will put the task card and the materials required to complete the task.
Use them at home
Use these task cards as part of your home program. You could set aside time each day to work on this activity with your little one.
Use them in Special Education
If you are planning to use these cards as part of your special education program, use them online for online sessions or in a small group in your classroom.
How to prepare the activity
- Download your free printable here.
- Print it out.
- Laminate it using your laminator and laminating sheets.
- Cut apart the cards.
- Prepare a box with your task cards and the pompoms needed for the activity.
How to use your free printable color matching pompom task cards
I would suggest you start out by showing your child or students how to complete each task card.
You will lay out the cards and the pompoms you need to complete the task.
Show your child or students how to match the correct color pompom to the colored circle on the task card.
Build new skills with these task cards
Use these skills to build some new skills with your little learner!
These cards will help you build :
- Communication skills
- Sensory play skills
- Following instructions
- Spending time alone/quiet time
More Autism Learning Resources
- The Successful Interaction with a Child with Autism Course – learn to better understand your autistic child or students with this complete course.
- Autism Activities Workbook Bundle – build communication skills, fine motor skills, sensory play skills and daily living skills, while helping your child or students to successfully manage any difficult behaviors, with these fun, educational, printable activities.
- Sensory Communication Workbook – Build communication skills with simple sensory activities.
- How to Make a Communication Binder Guide & Workbook – Learn how to create a Communication Binder for your child or student with autism using real photos. Follow my expert guide to learn how to use it to increase communication skills.
- Zoo Animals Play Dough Mats Bundle – use these printable play dough mat to work on the names of the animals, build language skills, and increase fine motor strength and precision in a fun, sensory way!
Free Task Cards
More activities that build fine motor skills
- Autism Worksheets
- Fall Cutting Activities
- Fish Bowl Play Dough Mat
- Simple Pail and Clothespins Fine Motor Activity
Pin for later!
Learn to create a Progress Nook for your child at home in 7 days
Receive 7 emails - 1 email each day - for FREE that will teach you exactly what to do, then receive emails once per week with fun learning activities for your child