Do you have a child or students that love dinosaurs? If you do, then you will love these 9 dinosaur books for kids! Make sure to check out my favorite books about colors next!
9 Best Dinosaur Books for Kids
If you are putting together a dinosaur unit for your classroom or looking to add some dinosaur activities to your home program or therapy practice, you will love these dinosaur books for kids.
(We have included affiliate links for your convenience. You can read our disclosures here.)
The sweetest board book all about dancing dinosaurs! Use it to prompt your little learner to dance. You can also use the simple words in the book, such as “zang!” and “bop!” to build language skills.
A charming picture book all about the limitlessness of a young girl’s imagination. The little girl’s adventures with her new friend are limited only by their imagination.
Use this sweet book as a fabulous tool to open up a dialogue about anxiety, uncertainty and fear.
I just love this charming story of a dinosaur who dreams of becoming a ballerina. This story proves there is no problem too big if you have a creative imagination and an open heart.
This book is a fun way to talk about cleaning up and keeping your space organized.
This book is a fun tool for working on the concept of opposites. I would recommend holding off on using this book, or similar books that incorporate play with words into the text, if your learners are not yet using fluent verbal language.
If I am working with a child who loves dinosaurs, I love to include dinosaur books in the programs I create. I also love to include a dinosaur colouring book to increase fine motor skills, work on colors, include a sensory activity for learning and more.
I love this cute touch and feel dinosaur book – especially for children on the autism spectrum who love sensory play.
If you’ll be celebrating a birthday with your little one or your class, or are teaching about birthdays, this would be a great book to include in your lesson plan.
More Favorite Books
More Autism Learning Resources
- The Successful Interaction with a Child with Autism Course – learn to better understand your autistic child or students with this complete course.
- Autism Activities Workbook Bundle – build communication skills, fine motor skills, sensory play skills and daily living skills, while helping your child or students to successfully manage any difficult behaviors, with these fun, educational, printable activities.
- Sensory Communication Workbook – Build communication skills with simple sensory activities.
- How to Make a Communication Binder Guide & Workbook – Learn how to create a Communication Binder for your child or student with autism using real photos. Follow my expert guide to learn how to use it to increase communication skills.
- Zoo Animals Play Dough Mats Bundle – use these printable play dough mat to work on the names of the animals, build language skills, and increase fine motor strength and precision in a fun, sensory way!
Best Dinosaur Books for Kids
Enjoy these books! What is your favorite dinosaur book for little learners?
Learn to create a Progress Nook for your child at home in 7 days
Receive 7 emails - 1 email each day - for FREE that will teach you exactly what to do, then receive emails once per week with fun learning activities for your child