Valentine’s Day Coloring Pages are a great way to engage your child or students in a fun printable Valentine’s Day activity while also teaching new skills such as new vocabulary, fine motor skills, taking turns and social interaction. Use these free colouring pages to teach your child or students at home, in your classroom or in your therapy practice. Download your free printable Valentine’s Day Coloring Pages to get started with this activity right now.
What are Coloring Pages?
Coloring pages are simple line drawings that are intended to be colored in using markers, crayons or colored pencils. They can be contained in a book or free standing printables as is the case with the coloring pages I have created for you.
How Can You Use Coloring Pages with Autistic Children?
- Teach new vocabulary.
- Build fine motor skills.
- Provide a calming activity.
- Build social skills by taking turns to complete the colouring pages together.
- Use the pages as a reinforcer.
Use them at home
You can easily incorporate these Valentine’s Day coloring pages as part of your child home therapy program or homeschooling program.
Use them online
You can also include these printables as part of an online program. Email them to your students or therapy clients to use at home during your online teaching sessions.
Use them in the classroom
Print the colouring pages several times to use with your students in your classroom again and again.
How to prepare the activity
- Step 1 – Download and print out the free printable Valentine’s Day Coloring Pages.
- Step 2 – Optional : you can laminate the coloring pages to use them again and again.
- Step 3 – Pair the coloring pages with markers, colored pencils or crayons.
- Step 4 – Have your little learner do this activity alone or in a small group.
How to use the activity to build new skills
- Teach new vocabulary : have your child or students label each image (“heart”, “bear”, “arrow”, etc.).
- Build fine motor skills : coloring builds fine motor strength and precision. Have your little learner use a wider pencil or marker if his or her fine motor skills are currently a bit weak.
- Provide a calming activity : coloring is a great sensory activity to put in place between other learning activities or as a fun, quiet time during the day.
- Build social skills : take turns to complete the coloring pages with your child.
- Use the pages as a reinforcer : prepare this activity as a fun and reinforcing activity following other table activities.
More Printable Activities You Will Love
- Love Bug Printable
- Winter Play Dough Mats
- Dinosaur Play Dough Mats
- Printable Matching Game (Fill the Lake with Fish!)
More Autism Learning Resources
- The Successful Interaction with a Child with Autism Course – learn to better understand your autistic child or students with this complete course.
- Autism Activities Workbook Bundle – build communication skills, fine motor skills, sensory play skills and daily living skills, while helping your child or students to successfully manage any difficult behaviors, with these fun, educational, printable activities.
- Sensory Communication Workbook – Build communication skills with simple sensory activities.
- How to Make a Communication Binder Guide & Workbook – Learn how to create a Communication Binder for your child or student with autism using real photos. Follow my expert guide to learn how to use it to increase communication skills.
- Zoo Animals Play Dough Mats Bundle – use these printable play dough mat to work on the names of the animals, build language skills, and increase fine motor strength and precision in a fun, sensory way!
Free Printable Valentine’s Day Coloring Pages
Enjoy using these free printables with your little learners on the autism spectrum for Valentine’s Day.
Pin for later!
Learn to create a Progress Nook for your child at home in 7 days
Receive 7 emails - 1 email each day - for FREE that will teach you exactly what to do, then receive emails once per week with fun learning activities for your child