Free printable fish matching game for kids with autism. Use this fun game to build matching, social interaction and vocabulary skills with your child while having a whole lot of family fun!
I have a free printable game for you today!
Materials needed for this activity
- Free printable fish matching game for kids with autism (link to your download is right after the “materials section” of this post and at the end of the post)
- Laminating machine
- Laminating sheets
(We have included Amazon affiliate links for your convenience. You can read our disclosures here.)
Today’s theme is all about fish. This game includes 24 fish photos (2 each of 12 different types of fish).
These are the types of fish that are included in this sweet and educational little game :
- Angel fish
- Butterfly fish
- Clown fish
Create your fish matching game
Download the free printable fish matching game.
Print it out.
Use a laminating sheet and laminator to laminate it.
Cut the cards apart to play the game.
How to use this game with your autistic child
I use a lot of matching games at my learning center to get my kids excited about playing a little game together and building visual and vocabulary skills.
These are some learning prompts that you can use with your fish matching game :
- Say “match” and guide your child to match each of the fish photos to it’s identical twin.
- Say “where is the _________?” and name the fish (if your child is learning to name each fish).
- Ask “what is the name of this fish?” (if your child is learning to name each fish).
- Say “show me the blue ones!” (to teach your child to sort according to color, for each color).
- Ask “how many?” (to teach your child to count the fish).
- Ask your child “which one is your favorite?” (to engage your little one in some fun and interactive open communication).
Download your free printable fish matching game for kids with autism, try it with your child this weekend and come back here and let us know how it went in the comments!
Learn to create a Progress Nook for your child at home in 7 days
Receive 7 emails - 1 email each day - for FREE that will teach you exactly what to do, then receive emails once per week with fun learning activities for your child